Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Chilenidad

I don't believe that anything define what is to be Chilean, but if I believe there are specific somethings that distinguish us of other cultures, but this differents sometimes are used to feel us a society better than others. I don’t agree with the nationalism feelings and I really hate to establish different between cultures and to champion your culture, and I believe that when we try to define us, it end to fostering national egos and hate against the “other”.

Can enjoy a holidays in the middle of the year is fantastic, but I don’t like the “Chilenidad” as if it would be a bloc. Also, I believe that Chileans are very lazy with respect to the social reality: Chileans have a obedient and submissive culture, and exist here a conformism in relation to our position in the world, leaving out a lot of social problems to live quiet don't worry them.

But, there are many others customs in the chilean culture deeply rooted that are very funny, like the tipical games: palo encebadorayuela, volantín. Also this time is perfect to share in family or friends, to rest and to stroll.

The elements should be celebrated of this culture are our native people, our awesome diversity of flora and fauna, reclaim our nature and origin, our people.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment