Sunday, June 16, 2013

"I am of Attaque, is a feeling that I can't stop"

Hi, like the topic proposed I will talk you about my favorite band. Really, today I believe that my choice is subject to a very personal judgement, not musical; that is it because when I was 13 years old began to hear punk music and they were the first band I knew.

Well, this band is Attaque 77 and I love them so much. They were born in 1987 in Argentina with Mariano Martínez in guitar, Federico Pertussi like voice, and his brother, Ciro in bass, mainly; but in 1988, Federico leave the band and Ciro take on like vocalist and leader position, also that year was integrated Leonardo de Cecco like drummer and, later of others members, in 1993 Luciando Scaglione enter to band like bass player. Mariano, Ciro, Leo and Luciando were the formation maintain during 16 years, until 2009 when Ciro decided to leave, since that year Attaque 77 isn't a quartet, staying until today like a trio, taking on Mariano like vocalist.

The type of music of them is mainly punk in their beginning, very strident and not much care with their sounds, but ever with many social criticism in their letters. Later, they had evolved in their sounds, including more metaphorical (and love) songs and covers to others artist, although never forgot their criticism essence.

What like me of them is the way in what they expose the social problems in their songs, like poverty, political corruption, laboral explotation and dictatorship; and I like so much their song about political and social fight, like a song that they writted by Zanon's workers. Also, in another way, I love their love songs and many others that say of hope or dreams, including these sad songs, because are very touching.

Really I don't know what is my favorite song, because many of them are very significant to me so I grew up with Attaque 77 and I happened a lot of differents moments listen to them. But there are some songs that MUST be known, like "Donde las águilas se atreven" where they tell about the popular organization, what even though the failures, "if gather together us, they aren't going to stop us". Hear it in live is really exciting.

Enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. great song! you know that is my favorite band too... just today I listened "Canción inútil" I think that is one of my favorite song of A77aque.. is so emotive and painful, but is a great life lesson too...

    ReplyDelete